Pet sitting is the act of temporarily caring for another person’s pet for a set -period. It usually happens in the pet owner’s house, but it can also happen at the provider’s house or a pet-sitting business or organization.
The act of caring for a pet at its own house while the owner is gone is known as “pet sitting.” Dog walking is a type of pet sitting because it entails visiting the pet’s house to provide exercise and companionship. While some pet sitters and dog walkers provide additional services, such as limited in-home boarding, these are not termed “pet sitting.” Pet sitters differ from boarders and doggie daycares in that they care for pets at their clients’ homes.
Pet sitters do a range of responsibilities during pet sitting services, including:
- Pet feeding and water bowl replacement.
- Providing opportunities for physical activity and play (may include walking the dog).
- Cleaning litter boxes as well as any other pet messes.
- If necessary, administer pet medications.
- Lots of tender loving care.
Pet sitters frequently bring in mail or newspapers and change the blinds and lighting to give the home a “lived-in” appearance while the owners are away. Pet sitters may sometimes be asked to do other tasks by the pet owners. Pet sitters, as the name implies, care for clients’ pets in their homes. Pet owners typically hire pet sitters when they go on vacation, travel for business, work long hours, or are unable to care for their pets or dogs due to illness or injury. A professional pet sitter is trained and experienced in working with a wide range of pet personalities and will know how to tailor their care to your pet’s likes, dislikes, phobias, and habits. They can recognize and avoid potentially dangerous situations, respond quickly and efficiently when necessary, and are skilled and experienced in medical administration. Knows how to tell whether your pet needs veterinary attention. In the event of an emergency, car trouble, or illness, a professional pet sitter has backup.
PetSmart is a privately held American pet superstore business that sells pet supplies, and services, in addition, to small creatures. It is the largest pet firm in North America, with Petco as its main competition. Amazon, Walmart, and Target are their indirect competitors. PetSmart grooming visits can last anywhere from 2-4 hours, depending on the size of your dog, the type of coat, and the services you want. One of our safety-certified salon professionals will check your pet’s skin, coat, ears, nails, and teeth to ensure that their specific needs are met.
- Your pet will benefit from the following:
- Staying at home in a safe and secure setting, surrounded by familiar sights, scents, and sounds.
- Maintaining his or her usual diet and workout program.
- Having some fun.
- Receiving love and individual attention.
- Maintaining medical treatment when necessary.
- Having someone in charge in the event of an emergency.
- Removing the stress of travel or being in an unknown place.
- Ensuring good health. (no exposure to the illnesses or parasites of other animals)
To reap the benefits of in-home pet care, an increasing number of pet owners are turning to professional pet sitters. Pets are happier and less stressed at home, food and exercise routines are maintained, travel trauma for both owner and pet is avoided, pet’s exposure to illness is reduced, and untrained or unwilling friends/family/neighbors are avoided. You will not need to call a professional pet sitter, and you will have the peace of mind that comes from knowing a professional is caring for your pet.
You will benefit from the following:
- Knowing your pet is in capable, loving hands.
- Having faith that the pet sitter can handle other matters, such as grooming and vet visits.
- Getting rid of the stress of having to travel and leave your pet.
- Not having to make demands on family, friends, or neighbors.
- Feeling safer in your own home. (with someone coming and going multiple times a day)
As a professional pet sitter, you must be prepared to assist people daily—you must be outgoing and patient when answering queries. Though the majority of your interactions with these fellow animal lovers will most likely be nice, you must be prepared to deal with the rarely disappointed customer; dealing with irate consumers needs you to remain calm and resolve the argument gracefully. You must stay up to date on new goods and animal care. Customers will inquire about the appropriate size cages for specific birds or the number of fish that a tank can accommodate. When ordering new products, selecting vendors, and reviewing sales figures and bills, a professional pet caretaker must analyze data. Professional pet sitter must manage their time effectively to deal with customers while keeping the business orderly and the shelves stocked.
Summertime Pets, started in 2022 by a professional pet sitter with 12 years of experience, believes in providing you with peace of mind. You can unwind knowing your dogs are in capable hands. We are honored to be Virginia’s most popular pet daycare. When it comes to the greatest dog-walking websites, Summer Time is the clear winner. We pamper your pets as if they were our own, lavishing them with love and devotion! So, what are you holding out for? Send your beautiful pups to our fantastic dog daycare, where they can spend the entire day playing.